Here are five games in the starter collection:
- Conspiracy X 2.0 (retail $17.50): UFO conspiracy in the post-9/11 world. As an agent of Aegis, you're our best hope against the alien threat.
- CJ Carella's WitchCraft (free): The magical Gifted have been persecuted for centuries. Now, join with your coven-mates to shape the modern world. WitchCraft was the first Unisystem game.
- Armageddon: The End Times (retail price $15): The Apocalypse has arisen, but not the way anyone predicted. Play as an angel, a demon, or a mortal brave enough to challenge a god.
- Ghosts of Albion (retail $5): Explore occult Victorian London in this complete RPG (widely regarded as the best version of the Cinematic Unisystem rules) inspired by the 2003 BBCi series co-created by Amber Benson.
- Terra Primate: Savage adventure in a world where Man is the missing link.
I have gone on and on about my love for these games. Admittedly I am biased.
WitchCraft might just be my most favorite game of all time. In my mind WitchCraft is the perfect game, it has everything I have ever needed in a game.
Armageddon is a "sequel" to WitchCraft. It extends the myths and expands the system to include some greater supernaturals and more metaphysics. Armageddon isn't a "post apocalyptic" game, you are in the middle of the Apocalypse right now and you have a chance to send the world in a completely new direction.
Conspiracy X 2,.0 updates 90s paranoia to a post 9/11 world. Written by Dave Chapman (of Doctor Who fame) it uses the same system as WC/Arm but presents a very different sort of world.
Terra Primate also uses the same Classic Unisystem rules as WitchCraft, Armageddon, Con X and All Flesh Must Be Eaten. In this game though all the characters are (or can be) intelligent apes. Think Planet of the Apes. Really great and underrated game.
Ghosts of Albion. What else can I say about this game? It's my baby, my magnum opus. I love that they mention that is is "widely regarded as the best version of the Cinematic Unisystem rules". If WitchCraft is my favorite game Classic Unisystem game then this is my favorite Cinematic Unisystem game. In fact I have often said that Ghosts of Albion is my love letter to WitchCraft.
The bonus books are really, really awesome.
- Conspiracy X Paranormal Sourcebook (retail $17.50): Alien vs. ghost -- who wins? With your luck, you'll be squaring off against them both.
- Conspiracy X Extraterrestrials Sourcebook (retail $17.50): Planning a close encounter with alien invaders? This is the Conspiracy X sourcebook you need.
- Mystery Codex (retail $11.50): New WitchCraft skills, powers, metaphysics, and, above all, vampires.
- Abomination Codex (retail $8): More skills, powers, metaphysics, secret organizations, voodoo magic, and -- because the vampires weren't enough -- were-creatures.
The Con X source books will work with the WitchCraft/Arm ones and visa versa. You just have to figure out how to get the myths of both worlds to interact.
Mystery Codex and Abomination codex are also long out of print, so getting these PDFs is the only way you can get the books now.
So if you don't have these books yet now is a great time to check them out.
I give ALL of them my highest recommendations.
Plus 10% of your contribution goes to the American Cancer Society. So there is that.