I got another award this past week from K. D. Storm of "A Coffee Driven & Adventure Bound Life".
Here is the award:
To accept I have to answer 10 questions about me, 10 Random facts about me and pick 7 other bloggers to get this award.
Since I am all about building a community online I think it is a great idea.
The Ten Questions
- What is your fave song? So many. I love Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven". Whenever Kansas' "Carry On Wayward Son" comes on I have to blast it.
- Favorite Dessert? I am not a big dessert guy. But I love lemon flavored things.
- What ticks you off? So much....but mostly People that waste my time.
- When you're upset what do you do? I talk to my wife. She is a great person to talk to and bring me back to reality.
- What is your favorite pet? I am deathly allergic to animals. So no pets.
- Which do you prefer black or white? Black.
- What is your biggest fear? Anything happening to my kids..
- What is your attitude? Generally optimistic.
- What is perfection? An interesting concept, but nothing is ever perfect.
- What is your guilty pleasure? Playing 80s music in my car turned up to 11.
Ten Random Facts
- My wife and I met out first week of college and were friends all throughout college. We did not start dating till she moved 300 miles away.
- In high school I hated writing. Now look at me.
- And I was editor of my highschool news paper.
- I am afraid of heights. I am not too fond of rats either.
- When I was younger I would sleep with my eyes open.
- I learned the alphabet frontwards and backwards when I was 3, I can still recite it backwards as fast as frontwards.
- Cottage Cheese makes me gag and I will throw up if I get too close to it.
- I am in a Metalica video.
- I am no longer allowed to play Star Wars Trivial Pursuit.
- I knew at a very early age I wanted to be a father, now I am and it is great!
Now Seven bloggers. The trouble with this one is there are so many good ones out there. I wanted to choose ones that were good, that I thought would appreciate this award and would in turn send it out to others. Also I want to pick out blogs that I felt could use some extra exposure. Plus they are an ecletic bunch.
*Pixies Don't Have Wings - Writer Buffy Armstrong's site. It has been a great resource in looking at fae creatures a different way.
The Groovy Age of Horror - Horror movies and comics from a funkier time. I love the overall feel of this blog and I come here for inspiration on my own horror themed games.
Space 1970 - A great site dedicated to SciFi of the 70s (well till 1983 with Return of the Jedi). I grew up in the 70s and this site is a constant trip down Memory Lane-if Memory Lane was really a Hyperspace wormhole thing.
Propnomicon - pictures and posts on the creepiest props you will ever see. Focused on the Lovecraft mythos, everything is here.
Precious Monsters - there are a lot of Paranormal/Urban Horror review sites out there, but I like this one the best. Very edgy and has stuff the other sites don't.
Vibrant Oxymoron - A great Doctor Who and Star Trek site focusing on the classic series. Awesome blog.
Cedar Valley Sustainable Farm - Ever wonder where your food comes from? Not the folks at CVSF, they grow it, raise it and eat it all on their own. Follow the story of what happens when two suburban professionals leave the Chicago suburbs to go live off the land. I could not do what they do, but I do find it all very interesting.
There they are! Please enjoy!