But I was looking over some of my adventures I have laying around and I noticed a theme.
For 1st Ed I have the Bloodstone Wars modules.
For 3rd Ed I have a bunch of stuff from Necromancer Games.
For 4th Ed I have the HPE series of nine modules.
And now for 5th ed I have Into the Abyss.
What do they all have in common?
|Looking pretty damn scary in his new 5e form.|
Well, in the broadest terms they all deal with destroying the Demon Prince Orcus.
(ok 5e is about all demons)
Or at the very least stopping his machinations.
I mean, I get it. Orcus is the most metal of all the demon lords.
Back in the day we gleefully killed him in H4 Throne of Bloodstone. I was looking forward to doing it again under 4e in E3 Prince of Undeath. So there is an allure.
So how about you all?
Did you ever run/play a game where the PCs went after Orcus?
If yes, what adventure did you use?
If no, would it be something you would consider?
Bonus question. Why doesn't Demogorgon get any of this attention?
Orcus Links (I have talked about this before)
- Orcus for Unisystem, http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/2010/04/orcus-for-unisystem.html
- Orcus as the Boss, http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/2010/11/orcus-as-boss-immortal-level-d-whats-my.html
- Generational Mega-plots, http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/2010/06/revised-plan-generational-mega-plots.html
- Orcus and Vanth, http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/2013/09/orcus-and-vanth.html
- So...Have you ever killed a God?, http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/2010/11/sohave-you-ever-killed-god.html