With all the talk last week of Chill and Pacesetter games it got me thinking again about this Chill/Cryptworld/Majus game I have been wanting to run.
It is set in the summer of 1976. July 1st to be precise. The characters are all old acquaintances; possibly all S.A.V.E. envoys who had worked together in the past. They have all been drawn to New York to stop something from happening.
I want to do it "24 style", that is intense adventures over a relative short space in time. Basically four or five days. I am not sure what it will be like yet but I do know that it has to have a few things:
- Take advantage of 70s tropes. Disco, the birth of Punk Rock, "Frampton Comes Alive" playing on every radio, drugs, NY street gangs and the like. Plus have to do a bunch with 70s occultism.
- Have something to do with the American Bicentennial.
- Give it a 70s Hammer Horror feel. When Hammer moved away from the historical and "Hammer Hamlet" movies to more modern takes.
- Ideally I would LOVE to include a vampire. Chill Vampires is one of my all time favorite books. Having a vampire in it would really be fun.
- Given the title there should at least be one ghost.
Now I have a Mutants & Masterminds idea I have been knocking around about Dracula in the 1970s. But I also see where using Elizabeth Bathory would be fun.
I have no end of good ideas, I just need to tie them together into a workable mini-campaign or long 5 part adventure. If I get it all together it would make for a Gen Con game.