The trouble is it is an uphill battle against the deletionists; people that want to remove anything from Wikipedia that didn't fit with their often narrow view of what should be in an encyclopedia. I have locked horns with people on personal crusades (often self admitted) to remove content of a certain type. There are the anti-porn crusaders that want to delete all articles regarding porn actresses and I have lost a few battles with them. There was also the guy that took it upon himself to delete all articles on D&D because, well, we were never really clear on that, but he had a single mindedness of it that spoke of some personal hatred (as someone that has a psych degree and spent a few years working as professional psychologist I am comfortable to make that claim). He was ultimately banned from Wikipedia because he was a dick.
But now the deletionists are at it again. I lost an article I spent a lot of time on last month and now another one is up. Frankly I don't have the desire to fight them anymore.
The article in question is the one on Glasya, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasya
So instead I am looking for other places for D&D related articles. Wikipedia was a great resource for pop culture but it's effectiveness is soon going to ground to a halt by factions within the site itself.
There are a few other D&D-related Wikis out there. Here are the ones I know off and have contributed to in the past.
- Canonfire's The Greyhawk Wiki, http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
- The Forgotten Realms Wiki at Wikia, http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
- The original Dungeons and Dragons wiki at Wikia, http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
- The new Dungeons and Dragons wiki at dnd-wiki.org, http://www.dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Main_Page
- The Eberon Wiki, http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Eberron_Wiki (Thanks to migellito for this.)
- and an extra one I like, Monsterpedia, http://www.monstropedia.org/monster/Main_Page
- and the Same Universe wiki, http://www.thesameuniversewiki.org/MainPage.ashx
I am sure there are more. It would be nice to have a couple places to go for research.
In the mean-time as D&D articles get deleted I'll try to find new homes for them elsewhere.